The Big Reveal is a registered charity (no. 1175256) led by our Education Director David Burridge and our Artistic Director Matthew Sharp.
The Big Reveal....
- produces, commissions, tours and delivers, brilliant, innovative outreach
- recognises the need for, and value of, high quality, compellingly delivered outreach for both children and adults across a wide cross-section of the East Kent Community and beyond
- takes world class art to hard to reach areas and communities
- is an 'on-the-ground', highly effective, audience development framework engaging participants in creative experiences and performances alongside leading professionals
- shares expertise, practitioners and 'must-have' projects with others, ensuring that the very best work reaches the greatest number of people, that thinking and projects are joined up and optimal and that investment goes further
- celebrates, music, art and people, placing culture at the core of education, communities and life and delivering an ever increasing range of additional partnership projects, workshops and schools outreach opportunities including ones specifically designed to meet the needs of children and young adults with learning and physical disabilities
David enjoyed a long career in education culminating in 8 years as a Kent Music Adviser. His 3 years with the Deal Festival included commissions to work with librettist Martin Riley. Together they produced the highly acclaimed, large scale community works, “The Burning of the Boats” and “The Weight”. He now works as Education Director of The Big Reveal where he co-directs Revelation Strings and The Revellers.
Following studies at the Köln Musikhoch-schule with Boris Pergamenschikow, Matthew has performed at major venues and festivals worldwide. He has appeared with the RPO, LPO, RLPO, CBSO, EUCO, Manchester Camerata and Ural Philharmonic, given solo performances at the Glastonbury and Latitude festivals, recorded for Sony, Naxos and Avie, given over fifty world premieres, appeared in recital at Wigmore Hall, SBC and Salle Gaveau and broadcast widely on TV and Radio.
In early 2018 Matthew released a new album playing Hans Gal's Concertino for Cello and Strings with the English Symphony Orchestra, led by Ken Woods.
© 2020 The Big Reveal